Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Final Blog Post



I really enjoyed this class. It was very interesting and brought up a lot of very interesting points. It was great seeing different perspectives regarding the future of the construction industry and listen to guest speaker that we would otherwise would not have had to chance to hear. This class has a lot of implications to my specific field (HVAC) in my opinion, especially in terms of building automation and BIM.
I think this course is a bit too sporadic for a three hour night class. We jumped between topics quite often and it was hard to stay focused. Maybe splitting this class up to twice a week would make it easier to concentrate. Also, some of the exercises, especially the Google Doc ones, got very hectic most of the times. I did enjoy having the class split out to different groups for most of the exercises, though. It was very beneficial to collaborate and hear other people’s opinions.
I do feel like I learned a lot in this course and I think I will definitely keep an eye out for innovations similar to the ones discussed in class. It is indeed a fast industry and with plenty of potential to exhibit “science fiction-like” characteristics very soon.
And by the way, I did really like you ties, especially the one with the Philadelphia map on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment