Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Course Reflection

                         The overall experience of this class was great. When I came in to this class I expected to learn about BIM and how to utilize BIM capable programs. Even though we did learn a few things about BIM, like creating a simple building and looking at videos. It wasn’t as in-depth as I thought it would be and wished that we would have spent more time on that topic. Which is fine considering all that I have learned throughout this course as well as using different programs like Revit and Microsoft Access.  Creating the database was the most difficult assignment of the whole term, but it was the most rewarding. I didn’t expect that I would have learned so much about databases, like relational and object oriented. Even more I wouldn’t have imagined that I would be able to create one and how easy it was to do so. Furthermore the blog posts were a resourceful way to focus us to think specifically about a topic, while at the same time, broadening our minds. Allowing us to read and comment on other student’s posts giving us other facets about the topic originally not conceived. But most of all the best aspect about this course was the presentations. I learned so much from each and every one of the guest speakers. They gave a full spectrum of career paths that our majors can take us as well as giving us advance and insight to the industry. This alone was worth the taking the course. But I do agree with Cifligu’s post about 10 weeks being too short of a time to completely cover all the concepts mentioned in AE. The database topic spanned for a little too long, while other subjects were neglected like robotics which I found really interesting. Overall the course was an amazing experience, having given me a glimpse into the future of the industry, my career seems less daunting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment