Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Class Reflection

Prior to taking this course, I thought its content would have been more focused on the design of intelligent buildings, or the intelligent design of buildings. However, after the first class I realized it was much more than that. The class, to me, was very conceptual. While I can't say that I walked away from this class with a full understanding BIM, robotics, or databases, I can say that I have a very broad understanding of these topics. With that understanding came my ability to come up with ideas and understand how building design could be done more efficiently, and intelligently. All of the aspects of the course can be tied back to idea of designing a better building.

One misconception I discovered I had during this class was that intelligent and green buildings can go hand-in-hand, but aren't one in the same.  Professor Mitchell mentioned that Bill Gates's house is extremely intelligent, having televisions that follow people on the adjacent walls throughout the house. However, that does not make his house very "green".


No comments:

Post a Comment