Tuesday, March 12, 2013

AE-510 Reflection



The Intelligent Building course was a great tool to learn more about current ways, as well as a look into the future ways, that technology is used within the design and construction of buildings. When I signed up for the class I expected a heavy dose of building networks and sensor information which I knew could help me in my career. We did get that for a few weeks. The added lectures on robotics and BIM offered a great deal of information through the guest speaker and Prof. Mitchell’s knowledge on the topics. Exploring the database functions also offered a great deal as many students are not familiar with Access and other database software, which can be put to great use in areas other than buildings.

I would have to say my favorite part of the class was hearing everyone’s thoughts on the various topics during class. I also enjoyed getting experience with building Revit families as well as increasing my knowledge on database creation, even though I could not figure out how to get my reports and forms to work together like I wanted.

I agree with many other students in their posts that this class just scratches the surface of each topic and whole classes can be used to explore each topic further. I also think some people mentioned the workload being heavy but I think the assignments were manageable and easy to complete within an hour or two.

Having taken AE390 and AE391 under Prof. Mitchell and now this course I see that he really appreciates every student and loves teaching what he knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment